APG Annual Meeting and Forum on Technical Assistance & Training, 15-18 July 2014, Macao, China
Purpose of APG Annual Meeting & Technical Assistance Forum
The APG Annual Meeting is the primary policy and decision-making vehicle for the APG. Decisions made at the Annual Meeting will set the course for the APG’s work over the next year. The Technical Assistance Forum is a key opportunity to discuss technical assistance coordination, including priorities for bilateral and regional assistance.
These meetings are intended for senior officials from finance, law and law enforcement ministries and departments, central banks and financial and other relevant regulatory agencies, and for senior representatives from international and regional organisations.
Content of Annual Meeting
The primary issues to be considered and decided upon by members at this year’s Annual Meeting include:
- APG’s governance issues including individual member status, operations, future meetings and budgets;
- Mutual evaluation policy, procedures and follow-up reports;
- Issues arising for APG members in the FATF’s International Cooperation Review Group (ICRG) process;
- Implementation issues facing APG members;
- Technical assistance and training; and
- Emerging money laundering, terrorist financing and proliferation financing trends.
Content of the Technical Assistance Forum
APG members and observers will have the opportunity to meet with the APG Donors and Providers Group in individual sessions to discuss technical assistance. These individual sessions are held in the margins of the Annual Meeting and provide an opportunity for APG members to identify their technical assistance priorities and discuss those issues with donors. In addition, members of the Donors and Providers Group will meet to share information and discuss donor coordination issues.