FATF-Style Regional Bodies (FSRBs)
Nine FATF-Style Regional Bodies have been established. The FATF-style regional bodies are:
- Asia/Pacific Group on Money Laundering (APG) based in Sydney, Australia;
- Caribbean Financial Action Task Force (CFATF) based in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago;
- Eurasian Group (EAG) based in Moscow, Russia;
- Eastern & Southern Africa Anti-Money Laundering Group (ESAAMLG) based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania;
- Central Africa Anti-Money Laundering Group (GABAC) based in Libreville, Gabon;
- Latin America Anti-Money Laundering Group (GAFILAT) based in Buenos Aires, Argentina;
- West Africa Money Laundering Group (GIABA) based in Dakar, Senegal;
- Middle East and North Africa Financial Action Task Force (MENAFATF) based in Manama, Bahrain;
- Council of Europe Anti-Money Laundering Group (MONEYVAL) based in Strasbourg, France (Council of Europe).
The APG, in conjunction with the FATF and the other eight regional bodies, constitute a global network to combat money laundering, the financing of terrorism and the financing of proliferation of weapons of mass destruction. The FATF's 40 recommendations are the principal standards to combat these crimes.