- Mutual Evaluations
- Mutual Evaluation Committee
- Mutual Evaluation Policy & Procedures - 3rd Round
- Mutual Evaluation Follow-up Reports - 3rd Round
- Mutual Evaluation Reports - 3rd Round
- Mutual Evaluation Policy & Procedures - 2nd Round
- Mutual Evaluation Follow-up Reports - 2nd Round
- Mutual Evaluation Reports - 2nd Round
- Mutual Evaluations News
- Enquiries for Mutual Evaluations
Myanmar Mutual Evaluation Onsite Visit
The onsite visit for Myanmar’s 2nd mutual evaluation was conducted from 20 November – 1 December 2017 in Yangon and Nay Pyi Taw.
The mutual evaluation team consisted of the following experts:
Mr Allan Prochazka, Canada (Legal Assessor)
Mr Raphael Luman, Papua New Guinea (Legal Assessor)
Mr Leigh Hunter, Australia (Law Enforcement Assessor)
Ms Sirirut Wiwek, Thailand (FIU/Law Enforcement Assessor)
Mr Asraf Hafizi Mohd, Malaysia (Financial Assessor)
Mr Young Lee, United States (Financial Assessor)
Mr David Shannon and Ms Marnie Campbell (APG Secretariat)
This mutual evaluation assesses technical compliance with the FATF international standards, but also the effectiveness of the jurisdiction’s AML/CFT measures as measured against the 2013 FATF assessment methodology.
The APG team held meetings with government authorities and representatives from the private sector to gain a detailed understanding of the framework and levels of effectiveness of Myanmar’s AML/CFT regime.
The evaluation team acknowledges the cooperation and assistance of the Myanmar authorities, and the hospitality extended to the team during the onsite visit.
Myanmar’s mutual evaluation report will be considered at the next APG Annual Meeting in July 2018 and adopted in September 2018.