- Mutual Evaluations
- Mutual Evaluation Committee
- Mutual Evaluation Policy & Procedures - 3rd Round
- Mutual Evaluation Follow-up Reports - 3rd Round
- Mutual Evaluation Reports - 3rd Round
- Mutual Evaluation Policy & Procedures - 2nd Round
- Mutual Evaluation Follow-up Reports - 2nd Round
- Mutual Evaluation Reports - 2nd Round
- Mutual Evaluations News
- Enquiries for Mutual Evaluations
Cook Islands Mutual Evaluation Onsite Visit
The onsite visit for the mutual evaluation of the Cook Islands was conducted from 20 – 30 November 2017 in Rarotonga.
The mutual evaluation team consisted of the following experts:
Ms Human Lam, Hong Kong, China (Legal Assessor)
Mr ‘Aminiasi Kefu, Tonga (Legal Assessor)
Mr Kolisi Simamao, Samoa (Financial Assessor and GIFCS representative)
Mr Li Qing, China (Financial Assessor)
Mr Avaneesh Raman, Fiji (FIU/LEA assessor)
Mr Michael McGillion, Australia (FIU/LEA assessor)
Ms Mitali Tyagi and Ms Suzie White, APG Secretariat
This mutual evaluation assesses both technical compliance with the FATF international standards and also the effectiveness of the Cook Islands’ implementation of AML/CFT measures, as required under the 2013 FATF assessment methodology.
During the onsite visit the evaluation team met with representatives from government authorities and from the private sector.
The evaluation team acknowledges the cooperation and assistance of the Cook Islands authorities and the hospitality extended to the team during the onsite visit.
The Cook Islands’ mutual evaluation report will be considered at the APG Annual Meeting in July 2018.