Vietnam Mutual Evaluation Onsite Visit
The onsite visit for Vietnam’s 2nd mutual evaluation was conducted from 4 November 2019 to 15 November 2019 in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
The mutual evaluation team consisted of the following experts:
- Mr Sok Heng Hak, Cambodia (Legal Assessor)
- Mr Duarte Chagas, Macao, China (Legal Assessor)
- Ms Zhang Yi, China (Financial Assessor)
- Mr Ahmad Farhan, Malaysia (Financial Assessor)
- Mr Jesse Baker, United States (Financial Assessor)
- Mr Nesar Ahmad Yosufzai, Afghanistan (FIU/Law Enforcement Assessor)
- Mr Daniel Burnicle, Australia (FIU/Law Enforcement Assessor)
The assessment process was supported by Mr David Becker, Ms Lauren Hirsh and Mr Mustafa Akbar of the APG secretariat.
This mutual evaluation assesses both technical compliance with the FATF international standards and also the effectiveness of Vietnam’s implementation of AML/CFT measures, as required under the 2013 FATF assessment methodology.
During the onsite visit, the evaluation team held meetings with government authorities and representatives from the private sector. The team also met with H.E. Mr Vuong Dinh Hue, Deputy Prime Minister of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam and senior Vietnamese government officials.
The evaluation team acknowledges the cooperation and assistance of the Vietnamese authorities, and the hospitality extended to the team during the onsite visit.
Vietnam’s mutual evaluation report will be considered and adopted at the next APG Annual Meeting in July 2020.