16th APG Annual Meeting in Shanghai, China 15 - 19 July 2013
The 16th APG Annual Meeting and Annual Forum on Technical Assistance and Training was held in Shanghai, China during the week of 15 to 19 July 2013.
The purpose of APG Annual Meetings is to discuss APG strategic and operational issues including:
- The structure and operation of the APG;
- Mutual evaluation procedures and the scheduling of on-site visits to APG members;
- Implementation issues and their relevance to the FATF's International Cooperation Review Group;
- Technical assistance and training issues both for specific APG members and for wider policy-related matters;
- Emerging and evolving money laundering, terrorist financing and proliferation financing typologies; and
- Special issues of significance to individual APG members and to the whole membership.
Discussion this year included, among other things, the APG’s upcoming third round of mutual evaluations and the new FATF standards/assessment methodology, as well as progress by individual APG members against the recommendations in second round mutual evaluation reports (ME Progress Reports).