Virtual APG Annual Meeting July 2021
This year’s APG annual meeting and annual technical assistance and training (TA&T) forum will be hosted by the government of Malaysia and held in virtual format. As a result, many of the pre-plenary committee meetings will be held at different times rather than during the usual one week period.
The Governance Committee approved the following timetable for APG events in July and August as follow:
- Pre-plenary Governance Committee: first week of July (to be fixed in June)
- Mutual Evaluation Committee meeting: 13, 14 and 15 July 2021
- Operations Committee meeting: 14 July 2021
- Plenary meeting: 27, 28, 29 July 2021
- TA&T Forum: throughout month of August
The Mutual Evaluation Committee and the plenary meeting will consider a number of follow-up reports and the following four mutual evaluation reports:
- New Zealand
The Operations Committee and the plenary meeting will also consider the typologies project reports and the annual typologies report.
The TA&T forum usually meets over six days concurrently with the annual meeting and involves numerous bi-lateral and sub-regional meetings (up to 35 in the week). However, the forum this year will be spread over a four-week period to accommodate officials in the virtual format.