AML/CFT Technical Assistance and Training (TA&T)
One of the APG’s functions is to coordinate assistance and training in AML/CFT and provide practical support to APG members and observers in the region. The APG's TA&T goals are outlined in the APG's Strategic Plan and in each year's Business Plan (see "documents" section).
Technical assistance and training covers a number of matters including:
- Supporting strategic implementation planning;
- Preparing national AML/CFT strategies and risk assessments;
- Raising awareness with government and parliamentarians;
- Establishing and enhancing national coordination mechanisms;
- Drafting legislation, regulation and guidance;
- Establishing and enhancing the operation of financial intelligence units;
- Training investigators, prosecutors and judges on money laundering and terrorist financing investigations, prosecutions and asset tracing/confiscation;
- Training financial and non-financial sector supervisors and regulators;
- Enhancing NPO (charity) regulation for AML/CFT;
- Establishing and improving cross-border currency reporting regimes; and
- Improving formal and informal international cooperation.