Mutual Evaluation onsite of Lao PDR - 12-23 September 2022
The first APG mutual evaluation onsite visit since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic has taken place with the onsite visit for Lao PDR’s 2nd APG Mutual Evaluation held from 12 September 2022 to 23 September 2022 in Vientiane.
The mutual evaluation team consisted of the following experts from the region:
· Mr Craig Hamilton, New Zealand (FIU/Law Enforcement Assessor)
· Mr Akira Irie, Japan (Legal Assessor)
· Ms Aida Kasumawati Mohd Yatim, Malaysia (Financial Assessor)
· Ms Subhani Keerthiratne, Sri Lanka (Financial Assessor)
· Ms Carolyn Marsden, Australia (Legal Assessor)
· Ms Gantsetseg Myagmarjav, Mongolia (Financial Assessor)
· Ms Chantanee Supasrivasuseth, Thailand (FIU/Law Enforcement Assessor)
The assessment process was supported by Mrs Erin Lubowicz, Mr Daniel Qualischefski and Mr Gavin Raper of the APG secretariat.
This mutual evaluation focusses on Lao PDR’s anti-money laundering, counter terrorist financing and counter proliferation financing regime. It assesses both technical compliance with the FATF international standards and the effectiveness of Lao PDR’s implementation of AML/CFT/CPF measures, as required under the 2013 FATF assessment methodology.
During the onsite visit, the evaluation team held meetings with government authorities and representatives from the private sector, industry associations and civil society groups.
The evaluation team acknowledges the cooperation and assistance of the Lao PDR authorities, and the hospitality extended to the team during the onsite visit.
Lao PDR’s mutual evaluation report will be considered for adoption at the next APG Annual Meeting in July 2023