Virtual Asset Workshop - Chinese Taipei
The APG participated in the ‘Virtual Asset Supervision and Law Enforcement Workshop’ in Taipei City, Chinese Taipei on 13 March 2023. The workshop was attended by a range of agencies and explored the following topics:
- FATF Rec 15 and beneficial ownership issues in Recs 24 and 25;
- National Risk assessments and virtual asset risks;
- Current challenges for virtual asset service providers;
- Investigation of cases involving virtual assets;
- The illegal use of virtual assets; and
- How VASPs can comply with the ‘travel rule' and local regulations using Sygna.
The workshop was opened by the Minister of Justice, Mr Ching-Hsiang Tsai; the Vice-Chair of the Financial Supervisory Commission, Ms Tsuey-Ling Hsiao; the Director-General of MJIB, Mr Chun-Li Wang; and the the APG Executive Secretary Dr Gordon Hook.
The workshop showcased the efforts made by Chinese Taipei to combat money laundering and terrorist financing through virtual assets and the innovative strategies used by Chinese Taipei agencies to mitigate their risk.