Mutual Evaluation Onsite of Papua New Guinea - 2-13 October 2023
The onsite visit for Papua New Guinea’s 3rd Round APG Mutual Evaluation was conducted from 2 to 13 October 2023 in Port Moresby.
The mutual evaluation team consisted of the following experts:
· Legal Assessor – Yohei Sakakibara, Japan
· Legal Assessor – Carlos Acosta, International Monetary Fund
· Legal/LEA Assessor - Arnold Frane, Philippines
· Financial Assessor – Rocky Yuen, New Zealand
· Financial Assessor – Olivina Aholelei, Tonga
· FIU Assessor – Vidyata Annisa, Macao, Indonesia
· LEA Assessor – Paul Silvester, United Kingdom
The assessment process was supported by Shannon Rutherford, Joëlle Woods and Daniel Qualischefski from the APG Secretariat.
The mutual evaluation focuses on Papua New Guinea’s anti- money laundering, counter terrorist financing and counter proliferation financing regime. It assesses both technical compliance with the FATF international standards and the effectiveness of Papua New Guinea’s implementation of AML/CFT measures, as required under the 2013 FATF assessment methodology.
During the onsite visit, the evaluation team held meetings with government authorities and representatives from the private sector and civil society groups.
The evaluation team acknowledges the cooperation and assistance of Papua New Guinea’s authorities, and the hospitality extended to the evaluation team and APG Secretariat staff during the onsite visit.
Papua New Guinea’s mutual evaluation report will be considered for adoption at the APG Annual Meeting in 2024.